The Olympic Meme
|June 8, 2012||Posted by Toddling Mad under Journal|
Thank you so much to Here comes the Girls for passing the Olympic torch onto us at Toddling into Madness. It is great to be back and joining in.
1) If every day tasks were Olympic events what would you get a gold medal in?
Getting reading in the morning. I have the whole process from getting out of bed to having breakfast with 2 kids dressed, me showered hair washed, conditioned, me dressed, breakfast made and eatten down to a 20 min time slot.
2) As a child (or now even) did you excel at a particular sport and if so which one?
Skiing – yes I know not an every day sport, but I started when I was under 2 and by the time I was at Uni I was competing in the British University Ski Championships.
3) Michael Phelps (swimmer) or Michael Johnson (runner) – which sport appeals to you more?
Swimming – I can’t remember ever not being able to swim, I have to live near the sea and see pictures of it where ever I am.
4) How fast can you get out of bed and ready to go out the door if miss the alarm and sleep in?
On a normal day I take 20 mins (see question 1) but if need be I can be showered, dressed and have 2 kids dressed and out of the door in under 10 mins. Everything is ready the night before so it’s just a case of wrestling with the 2 octopi that live in the house.
5) What fantasy sport would you like to see made into an Olympic event?
Birthday cake making – since last year I now have my recipe down and can whip it up without a mixer and then iced the following night without much notice (keep enough to make an 8inch round cake in the cupboard at all times)
6) Claim to fame time – Have you ever met an Olympian and who was it?
Yes, one of our close family friends competed in the Hockey team in the 70′s or 80′s and scored the fastest goal in history.
7) What event in past Olympics can you remember most vividly?
I remember watching Linford Cristie winning the 100 metres.
8) Tuning in at home, not for me or tickets clamped ready in sweaty palms?
Tuning in at home, we will be having olympic parties and fun based around the Olympics. Over on Rainy Day Mum I will be hosting a Kid centred Olympic Party for the months of July and August.
9) Who do you think most deserves a gold medal (any walk of life not just Olympians).
My husband for putting up with me in my sleep deprived state over the last almost 3 years
I am passing on the Flame to